Action from Approx 200 Attendees, Speakers Describing the Campaign, Professional and Homemade signs
Join our broad-based coalition of nurses, doctors, faith leaders, community groups, and health advocacy organizations on the West Steps of the Colorado State Capitol at 12:10 pm on Thursday, Aug. 23 for our kickoff rally opposing Colorado's "Personhood" Amendment.
What: NO Personhood Campaign Kickoff
When: 12:10 – 12:40, Thursday, August 23, 2012
Where: West Steps of the Colorado State Capitol
Who: Approximately 200 activists demonstrating their opposition
- Anthony Aragon, Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains – Voice for the broad-based coalition
- Stacy Rivera, Telling her personal story—Voice for women and families
- Jeremy Shaver, Interfaith Alliance of Colorado—Voice for damage caused by government intrusion
- Lorena Garcia, Colorado Organization for Latina Opportunity and Reproductive Rights (COLOR), Bi-lingual voice calling people to action
Visuals: Activists with NO Personhood Signs
- Activists with "Speaking Bubble" Signs depicting personal reasons for opposing the Personhood Amendment
- Activists streaming off the Capitol Steps
Why we oppose the Personhood Amendment:
- It is dangerous and would allow politicians to intrude into our personal decisions.
- It would ban all abortions in Colorado, even for the victims of rape or incest and who become pregnant by these violent acts.
- The amendment would lead to more government intrusion into our personal lives. The government could do the following:
Get into our medical records.
Dictate the kinds of birth control we use.
Interfere in a family's personal decisions about fertility treatments (in vitro fertilization).
Crystal Clinkenbeard, NO Personhood Campaign, Communications Director, 720-989-7693 |
www.NoPersonhood.org | www.facebook.com/NoOnPersonhood | @NoPersonhood